What's the highest mountain or hill you've ever climbed?

9

Jann Nikka Profile
Jann Nikka answered

I went up in a rollercoaster.

Virginia Lou Profile
Virginia Lou answered

Dear Happy,

This was not the highest mountain, but it was the most memorable... On the Tohono O'odham reservation in Arizona, there is a sacred mountain where it is told the Creator lives.

The mountain is Baboquivari, and I camped there under a catclaw acacia tree, and climbed Baboquivari Mountain to visit the actual cave where the Creator lives!

otis campbell Profile
otis campbell answered

drove up the hills in austin tx. Pedaled the kemah seabrook bridge many times on bicycle

Danae Hitch Profile
Danae Hitch answered

Laundry, after vacation.

Actually climbed by foot, probably Whiteside Mountain in NC. Overall height of the mountain is  4,930 feet. The trail was a 2 mile trail. Here is the view from the top.

I drove up most of the way and only climbed the 10 or 20 feet of Haleakala Volcano on Maui. It is 10,000 ft. And as thin as the air is up there I  don't think I would have been able to climb much more than 100 feet.  Here is a picture looking from the summit down into a cloud filled crater just after sunrise.

Anonymous