What's the biggest prize you've ever won in a contest?

13

Mountain  Man Profile
Mountain Man answered

Tickets to a Molly Hatchet concert.

Mountain  Man
Mountain Man commented
That would be awesome!
Karen aka Bailey's Mom
Alice in Chains were their opening act. They were awesome too.
Adam Akim
Adam Akim commented
Nothing at all. I'm not very well endowed in the raffle department. Now if you asked me about my friend Wickle instead, there's a story for you.

Just over three years ago, all the students in our year were holding a charity fair in our school. We’d organized dozens of stalls and game booths, including a lucky draw or raffle.

All the lucky draw prizes were pooled together by us students. I don't remember what other prizes there were, but Wickle donated a brand new iPad mini for the grand prize. We also bought some tickets of our own for laughs, and to get rid of extra fair-specific currency.

By the end of the fair, we’d all collapsed on chairs in exhaustion and observed with mild amusement as they announced the winning tickets for the lucky draw, with our own ticket numbers cast carelessly on a little table in front of us. As each winner was announced, the pile of prizes trickled away.
Janis Haskell Profile
Janis Haskell answered

A houseful of furniture, a trip to Manzanillo & Acapulco, and a couple thousand dollars on the t.v. Game show "Name That Tune" back in 1975.

A bottle of vodka for coming in second in a dance contest back in the 80s. We should have won, but I was dating the guy making the pizzas in the back of the bar and my dance partner was a bartender's brother. They said people were complaining we were allowed to enter so they couldn't let us win. 1st place was $100.

I was gonna say I never won a contest...... Till Gator answered and I remembered I did win a contest once but it wasn't for a prize. It was for a spot in the finals. I didn't even know it was a contest til I was standing in what I THOUGHT was a line and they made me sign that I understood the rules to this contest..... An ameture pole dancing contest! Lol! I almost chickened out but respectfully won. Lol!

I won a trip to a NASCAR race in Dover.

Ancient Hippy
Ancient Hippy commented
My favorite is hockey games, I'd go to every Flyers home game if it wasn't such a pain in the butt drive to get there.
Karen aka Bailey's Mom
I like Hockey as well. I've been to a couple of the Predators games. If tickets weren't so expensive, I'd be going all the time.
Ancient Hippy
Ancient Hippy commented
The cost to go to these sporting events is just unreal.
Donald Trump's Hair Is Lovely Profile

two tickets  to the Police concert  (along with other bands)

I gave them to my friend. I never went.

Corey The Goofyhawk Profile
Corey The Goofyhawk , Epic has no limit, answered

I won a Roufus mud crab (a non-combat pet for my in-game character) in a Holloween screenshot contest with the Elder Scrolls Online. Here was my entry to the contest.

Didge Doo Profile
Didge Doo answered

I won my section of the NSW Open Chess Championship in 2005. The prize was $700.

Didge Doo
Didge Doo commented
You'd be pretty safe, Mom. I'm starting to lose it and I'd be hopeless at tournament level now. I must see if i can get back into the mode.
Karen aka Bailey's Mom
I know the basic mechanics of the game. I love to play, but strategy and thinking three moves ahead is a bit beyond my skill set. :)
Didge Doo
Didge Doo commented
I'm starting to think it's getting beyond mine, too. :(
Adam Akim Profile
Adam Akim answered

Anonymous