How old were you when you learned how to swim?

13

I was 5, it was a requirement of my dad.

Didge Doo Profile
Didge Doo answered

You're not going to believe this, but I was 45. I wanted to compete in a triathlon and had to learn to swim before I could do it.

I usually came out of the water near the tail of the field, but I OWNED the next two legs and spent the rest of the event passing all those fast swimmers who couldn't ride a bike, or run. I loved it.

Woof Woofy Profile
Woof Woofy answered

My dad taught me when I was 14, although, he signed me up for swimming lessons when I was around 6. I spent a few years there and never learnt. I wasn't ready to learn at that time. But when I was 14, I hopped in the water and swimming was natural to me (I was jumping off the high diving board within a couple of hours after swimming for the first time)

Coyote Hunter Profile
Coyote Hunter answered

Never learned, even failed my swim test in the navy till they taught me to float. Yes you read that correctly, I'm a very weak swimmer and joined the navy.

ly fen chen Profile
ly fen chen answered

For me it's late, when I was mature, so until now I can't swim well. I just can swim a little and I am afraid of being on a ship, that's the reason I can't swim.

DDX Project Profile
DDX Project answered

Around 10 years old. Took lessons at the YMCA.

Qazzie Modo Profile
Qazzie Modo answered

5-6

Didge Doo
Didge Doo commented
Great user name. I have a very large, fatty lump on my back which my doctor says is a lipoma but which Mrs Didge has diagnosed as QMS. She says I have Quasimodo Syndrome. :(

And now I've met the very man himself. Hello Qazzie. :)
Megan goodgirl
Megan goodgirl commented
I was also 5.
LiftedTruck Redneck Profile

I don't even know. I was always a horrible swimmer, but could still do enough to move and float. I'm still not a great swimmer. I don't think I fully understood what to do with my arms and such until my brother left my cousin and I on the sand bar, got in the boat, left, and we had to swim all the way back! That happened more than once too..

Anonymous